Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wild Rover

I thought I would make it official that I am *hopefully* going on a study abroad trip to Great Britain and the Emerald Isles. AND I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I want to make sure it's really the right thing to do first, but... I jumped at the prospect. Sometimes dreams do come true. But, since I'm spending so much money on it, I think it would be foolish to just go for me. I want to go to help those around me. I want to go so I will be a better person, and can better serve. I am going so I can learn how to impact other people the way countless kind souls have impacted me. I want to make the world a better place. It all still feels like a dream, but I WILL make it to my homeland!!! I'll be a wee bit of a "wild rover" (Learning the song for the tour, and trying to figure it out on a tin whistle! Perhaps I'll get myself a nice mug of root beer soda to get me in the mood), rambling about on the countryside, but when I return with "gold in great store", it won't be solid gold, my friends, it will be the gold of wisdom.
...I can't resist the call!
"The summer time is coming, and the trees are sweetly bloomin', and the wild mountain thyme grows around the bloomin' heather, will ye go, lassie, go?"
 This lassie is GOING!


 http://youtu.be/CgsVd4-wH_A

Eilean Donan Castle- Public Domain Image

No comments:

Post a Comment